PDA

View Full Version : coil pack

Ford Fan#1
02-14-2014, 09:53 AM
I'll one coil pack cause it to shutter or would it be more then one? ( to feel like the driveshaft is going to fly through the cab ) bad enough to make the windows rattle in the doors

----------

Will* stupid phone

alfie
02-14-2014, 02:20 PM
One will cause each coil pack has two coils. Each coil fires two plugs. One coil goes bad. Two possible dead holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Fan#1
02-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Cylinder #3 was dropping out new spark plug coil and fuel filter

Ford Fan#1
02-15-2014, 12:25 PM
And cleaned the throttle body and mine and my brother's wallets got raped.. $470

RhinoZ24
02-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Life Lesson there, shops will always f*** you over on parts and labor. That's why if you can do it yourself, do it. Throttle body and fuel filter are pretty easy things to do. Just for future reference.

Ford Fan#1
02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
I would but I don't have a heated garage and it's in the teens here and my dad is convinced that all 5.4s are 3 valves. Plus I didn't know which one wasn't firing

----------

I was planning to do the throttle body some time in spring break but they went ahead and did it ( without saying )

RhinoZ24
02-15-2014, 07:25 PM
I would but I don't have a heated garage and it's in the teens here and my dad is convinced that all 5.4s are 3 valves. Plus I didn't know which one wasn't firing

----------

I was planning to do the throttle body some time in spring break but they went ahead and did it ( without saying )

Fuel filter you can do in probably under 5 min, but I understand with the cold weather and all bud. And all 5.4's are 3V, except the ones for the Shelby GT500, that one is 4V. And if they charged you for something without telling you they were doing it or you approving it you don't have to pay. Thats basically robbery right there when they just do stuff and charge you without prior approval.

Jersey_Joe
02-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Fuel filter you can do in probably under 5 min, but I understand with the cold weather and all bud. And all 5.4's are 3V, except the ones for the Shelby GT500, that one is 4V. And if they charged you for something without telling you they were doing it or you approving it you don't have to pay. Thats basically robbery right there when they just do stuff and charge you without prior approval.
Not all of em r 3v's. A few of the 04's. The 04' lightning and everything else before that were 2v's.

RhinoZ24
02-15-2014, 09:46 PM
I think I had heard that before but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up Joe

Ford Fan#1
02-15-2014, 10:28 PM
I would do something but I applied for a job today hopefully I get it so I can replace stuff on my truck ( rear end, shocks, leaf springs, transmission, and motor gaskets, so basically fix anything and everything that needs it ) for the money

----------

And so I can buy myself a 03 chestnut brown King Ranch for me and let my brother take the black one or a 03-05+ F-250 King Ranch

dchawk81
06-02-2014, 03:58 AM
I'll one coil pack cause it to shutter or would it be more then one? ( to feel like the driveshaft is going to fly through the cab ) bad enough to make the windows rattle in the doors

----------

Will* stupid phone

Cylinder 5 made mine shudder and shimmy like it was going to fly apart at any minute. New coil on that cylinder only and ran 320 miles the next day with zero problems.

Ran awesome Thursday. Had a wedding Saturday. Coil went bad Friday. $45 and 20 minutes later I was back in business.