PDA

View Full Version : 02 F150 5.4L transmission trouble; multiple OBD II codes

jimbojojam
02-07-2014, 11:22 AM
A week ago my transmission was occasionally going into neutral (while shifter still in drive) when I'd stop completely and then try to accelerate. It would rev a second or two then engage first gear. It would do the same thing, randomly, between 1st and 2nd gears and/or 2nd and 3rd gears. Every time it happened I let off the gas for a second then back on it and it shifted fine. No check engine light at that time but my overdrive off light was flashing. OBD scan had 3 codes: P0713 transmission fluid temp sensor high input; P0750 shift solenoid a fault; P0753 shift solenoid a electrical. A few days ago I started the truck and left it to warm up a couple minutes. I got back in and check engine light was on. I drove about 50 feet but truck had almost no power in drive. Then it stalled but started right back up. Backed it into driveway and called for tow. OBD scan codes were same as before plus 2 new ones: P0755 shift solenoid b fault; P0758 shift solenoid b electrical. Put truck up on my friend's lift and transmission is caked in mud from a couple months ago. I'm in Massachusetts and it's too cold to power wash right now without doing damage from all that water freezing. Next week is supposed to be warmer so my plan is to wash it then and start inspecting the external wires/harnesses before doing anything internal.
Has anyone had to deal with these problems? Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I dive into this headache.

alfie
02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Check the fluid and see if it's burnt. If it is. Than there is internal damage to the trans.

On these trucks the harness pin separate and loose contact to the solenoids. Drop the pan and check the harness. If it's the plastic harness than check pin fitment.

I have also seen PCM be bad and do this. So pls test all circuits and components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbojojam
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Fluid level, color and smell are all normal.