PDA

View Full Version : tpms question

barnyard
01-20-2014, 04:15 PM
So I just picked up a set of dick cepek dc-2's for my 07 super cap. I want to keep my stock wheels for the winter, so if I buy a set of used sensors and new bands and mounting hardware for the new wheels will they work?...I heard as long as they are ford they will work, then i heard the dealer has to initialize them...I figure someone has done this...I just want to know what I need before I order the wrong thing.

Raptor05121
01-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Take the stock ones (or spares), stick them in PVC pipe with a cap at both ends, and attach a Schrader valve and inflate to 35psi, toss it under your seat. Fools the truck :D

Jersey_Joe
01-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Take the stock ones (or spares), stick them in PVC pipe with a cap at both ends, and attach a Schrader valve and inflate to 35psi, toss it under your seat. Fools the truck :D
Ha! You've don't this?? Your sh*#%n? Me

----------

Done*

barnyard
01-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Now that is funny...

alfie
01-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Yeah buy the new sensors. And buy the remote to activate them. There like 30
Bucks. So when u switch. Just program them. It's easy. Let me know if u have questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor05121
01-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Ha! You've don't this?? Your sh*#%n? Me

----------

Done*

Yup. Friend's Chevy van kept giving him lights, warnings, etc. So I fabbed up the pipe, threw in the sensors and glued it shut. Inflate to 35 and fuggedaboutit. (Note: Write on the PVC what it is less you throw it away or getting searched by the police)

barnyard
01-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Thanks Alfie...didn't know anything about a remote or activating them...so my plan is to buy for used but working sensors from a buddy...when I get them I will have questions for sure.

alfie
01-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Yeah no problem. To get the truck to activate its a matter of cycle the key and hitting the brake pedal. Easy man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk