PDA

View Full Version : New member, old truck

JRock
11-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Hello,

I have an 85 f150 LWB 300 3 speed 4x2. Originally, I bought it in order to have a more capable work truck than my DD ranger... should have done more homework. Then, I decided to make a mild off roader out of it and convert it to 4x4, found out a frame rail had a slight bend and I didn't want to put that much effort into a bent ( albeit slight) half-ton frame. Then the shifter busted right before I left for college, and I haven't had the time to fix it, and I haven't been able to sell it.

I decided that since I can't ditch it, I'm going to use it as a driver when I'm home and use it to volunteer at a local ministry that gives wood to under privileged people so they can heat their homes.

Basically, this truck has been trouble since day one, and its old, slow, and ugly, but I love it.

Plan's:

floor shifter ( going in next week)

Mini spool and 5.14 gears ( will only see city driving)

33in rear tires, 31in front.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

RhinoZ24
11-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Sounds like there's a lot of room for improvement on it. Welcome to the forum though!

JRock
11-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Sounds like there's a lot of room for improvement on it. Welcome to the forum though!

You have no idea lol, but the best part about having a beater is just having something to tinker with.

RhinoZ24
11-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I have a car like that too lol. Just mess around with it and no worries about looks or anything haha.

Jersey_Joe
11-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Sup j rock. Welcome to the site