PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side window

Rob_C95
01-18-2014, 08:04 AM
I have a 1995 ford f150 and my drivers side window will not roll down. Yesterday my dad and I hooked power directly to the motor using a drill motor battery and the window DID roll UP and DOWN. So we decided to check the switch. We took the face plate off and under it we could take off the individual switches. So, we took the switch that controls the passenger side window (which works) and plugged it in to control the drivers side window and it didn't roll it up or down. Any other components that I could possibly missing?

1995 Ford F-150 302

Jersey_Joe
01-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Not really sure about your year pal. But I do know if u get a Haines manual. It will have everything in there. Only bout 20$ at your local parts store. Sorry I couldn't help more

RhinoZ24
01-18-2014, 12:52 PM
It sounds like either the window motor is bad, or like in a lot of cases the window switch contacts points need cleaning. Mine's an '05 but I had issues where my passenger window would roll down but not up, cleaned the contact points in that switch and it fixed the issue.

Rob_C95
01-18-2014, 01:10 PM
@rhino but I tested the window motor with a drill motor battery by hooking power directly to it. Wouldn't that rule the motor out? And also took the individual switches and swapped them but and the passenger one wouldn't control the drivers side but, the switch that controlled the drivers side window at first worked fine on the passenger window.

1995 Ford F-150 302

RhinoZ24
01-19-2014, 05:23 PM
@rhino but I tested the window motor with a drill motor battery by hooking power directly to it. Wouldn't that rule the motor out? And also took the individual switches and swapped them but and the passenger one wouldn't control the drivers side but, the switch that controlled the drivers side window at first worked fine on the passenger window.

1995 Ford F-150 302

Oh lol, I missed that part. Yeah that rules out the motor. If the passenger side switch is the only one that doesn't work then, it's the switch. Try cleaning the contact points like I suggested and see if that works.

Grinchman
02-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Double check the motor. I have replaced 3 of 4 power window motors on my 2004 F150 Lariat Supercrew. Both motors on front doors would work until you put a load on them. Not connected to the window they would work but when connected did not have the power to lift it.

Jersey_Joe
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Double check the motor. I have replaced 3 of 4 power window motors on my 2004 F150 Lariat Supercrew. Both motors on front doors would work until you put a load on them. Not connected to the window they would work but when connected did not have the power to lift it.
Really? Didn't have enough power to roll it back up? OMG how pissed were u ?!? I guess I would have felt better if the motor was dead lol. Did u get fords or aftermarkets? And how they holdin up now? Is it a reoccurring problem?

Grinchman
02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
The first one was from the dealer but the others were aftermarket . All have worked great.