PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket cam in a stock 5.0

KevinBrooks
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I have a 92 f150 with a blown 5.0 and I will be swapping it out for another one I have, it is complete. Bother the truck and the spare engine are speed density and the truck has an e4od transmission. The question I have is this; I have an aftermarket can from my 79 302 mustang and it fairly aggressive would it be worth it to swap it in and will it affect the computer? Thanks for any help I'm new to efi and am enjoying learning about it.

Jersey_Joe
01-05-2014, 12:51 PM
It will work. And by that I mean it wil run. However. The second u kick it in the pants it will break up. U will most certainly need to do some computer work. A friend of mine did that with a Dually with a 460. He put a half cam in and it broke up terrible. Idled great and if he took it easy it was ok. But. I told em he would need computer work. Once he did that. Road like a dream. Good like brother

----------

Luck*

5.0Flareside
01-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Depending on cam specs it'll be fine.. But it would be a waste with crap stock heads. Plus engine depending on year is a roller.. So you'd be going backwards by putting a flat tappet cam in

Sent from my Droid Maxx on Tapatalk