PDA

View Full Version : 2007 f150 Please help!!!

ohiomxdad
01-04-2014, 04:36 AM
Just bought a 2007 f150 lariat super cab and the speedometer got stuck on 65mph. Took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed it. It done the same thing on the way home again. I Did some google and I disconnected the battery and it reset the speedometer. But I don't want to have to disconnect the battery every time I drive it. Anyone have any insight on the problem so I can get if fixed properly.

Jersey_Joe
01-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Just bought a 2007 f150 lariat super cab and the speedometer got stuck on 65mph. Took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed it. It done the same thing on the way home again. I Did some google and I disconnected the battery and it reset the speedometer. But I don't want to have to disconnect the battery every time I drive it. Anyone have any insight on the problem so I can get if fixed properly.
Well. Welcome. First and foremost. Second. The dealer is responsible for your speedometer. Weather u purchased it at ford or another dealer. That is a safety issue. As they say in mechanicland. Taking the battery is just a temp fix. If u keep the batt off for about ten minutes it drains the truck. Just an off and on won't do the trick. But I'm sure u know that one already. The dealer needs to do right by u by law. This isn't something you r responsible to spend money over

RhinoZ24
01-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Well. Welcome. First and foremost. Second. The dealer is responsible for your speedometer. Weather u purchased it at ford or another dealer. That is a safety issue. As they say in mechanicland. Taking the battery is just a temp fix. If u keep the batt off for about ten minutes it drains the truck. Just an off and on won't do the trick. But I'm sure u know that one already. The dealer needs to do right by u by law. This isn't something you r responsible to spend money over

Welcome to the forum and X2 what Joe said, if your speedometer doesn't work then it is the dealers responsibility to fix it because it is potentially dangerous. Take it back and have them fix it or replace it, they're trying to be cheap. Just raise enough fuss and they'll do it.

Jersey_Joe
01-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Absolutely. Not your problem bud. Theres. Good luck

ohiomxdad
01-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Took it back today and they gave me a loaner Chevy after some grumbling. Thanks for the insight guys.

Jersey_Joe
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Took it back today and they gave me a loaner Chevy after some grumbling. Thanks for the insight guys.

Np brother. It's what we r here for. Glad there gonna do u right. Now go beat the crap outa that junk they have u lol

RhinoZ24
01-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Np brother. It's what we r here for. Glad there gonna do u right. Now go beat the crap outa that junk they have u lol

Lmao

btoolguy1
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM
^x2. Drive it like its a rental.

Ford Fan#1
01-04-2014, 10:03 PM
They just give ford owners Chevys to piss them off lmao

alfie
01-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

RhinoZ24
01-04-2014, 11:01 PM
They just give ford owners Chevys to piss them off lmao

No it's to show us that we do drive the supreme vehicle and to also reaffirm our beliefs that Chevy's suck lol.

Jersey_Joe
01-04-2014, 11:04 PM
^. All that too. Beat that bitch. For your troubles. For your brand. And because u know u want too. Lol. And because if u don't? I'll make fun of u. Lol just kidding. Do the MJ and just beat it!

RhinoZ24
01-04-2014, 11:05 PM
^. All that too. Beat that bitch. For your troubles. For your brand. And because u know u want too. Lol. And because if u don't? I'll make fun of u. Lol just kidding. Do the MJ and just beat it!

Lmao

ohiomxdad
01-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Too funny.

Jersey_Joe
01-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Lol