PDA

View Full Version : Unique issue

jmalson787
12-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Ok I have done a quick search in the treads, but I didn't see this issue, so if I missed it I apologize. I just recently had to replace all of the bulbs in my gauge cluster in my 95. At the same time I also had to replace the fender mounted solenoid. After I completed the work I connected the electrical on the gauge cluster to make sure everything works. As of right now the truck fails to start and the fuel gauge goes past full. This is a dual tank truck and only the front tank is working at this moment, but as of right now the tank selector switch is disconnected. Does this matter or am I missing something else?

lee reece
12-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you need to back track and see if something is off or misplaced a wire! Or that parts you put in are workin! That's where I would start!

2007 F150 XLT FX2 SPORT - 5.4l 3V 3.73 LIMITED SLIP EDGE/EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER

RhinoZ24
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Sounds like you need to back track and see if something is off or misplaced a wire! Or that parts you put in are workin! That's where I would start!

2007 F150 XLT FX2 SPORT - 5.4l 3V 3.73 LIMITED SLIP EDGE/EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER

^X2 check all the work you did and make sure everything is connected properly and to the right elements.

jmalson787
12-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Ok I guess the tank selector does work with the fuel pumps. I bit the bullet and hooked it back up. The truck fired up right away. I guess now I have to fix the other tank so that it works.