PDA

View Full Version : Bang for the buck mods

jcc80
11-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Hey guys, former gearhead here, but been out of the game for a few years. I used to have an 06 GTO, so I'm starting to miss having a bit of power.

Anyways I have a 03 f150, 5.4, 4x4, 100% stock except for some appearance stuff. This must change. Ultimately I would love to go with a blower or turbo setup, but my wallet will only allow basics for now.

Just trying to figure out what's worthwhile. Seems like the airbox mod is a no brainer. Longtubes are a no go; I'm in CA and I don't want to chance it. Will a simple muffler swap be worthwhile, or is a catback worth the extra money? Finally, is a programmer worth the money? I've read about the Edge programmer, but wouldn't mind being able to stick with 87 octane.

Thanks guys, hoping to make this truck something fun to drive.

RhinoZ24
11-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Intake and exhaust will help your truck breathe better for sure. And a programmer will give you the most power gains. I have the Edge Evolution on my '05 4.6L and it definitely woke it up. Great programmer and I only use 89 Octane. You might want to consider electric fans as well, that'll free up some power.

jcc80
11-13-2013, 09:46 AM
OK, sounds good. This thing is a dog in Stock form

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Raptor05121
11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Programmer is a must-have, and electric fans right behind it.