PDA

View Full Version : RWD Tow Hooks

baldyman
11-06-2013, 01:55 PM
searched google, this, and other forums and couldnt find anything.

can i mount tow hooks on my rwd f150? it doesnt have them and the valence under the bumper is covering where they'd mount onto the frame. i dont mind cutting or removing the valence to make it work. would i need to drill through the frame to mount them?

thanks!

RhinoZ24
11-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I thought about doing this myself. I'm pretty certain all the frames are made with all the holes necessary for accessories regardless of options chosen. You should have the holes in the frame to mount them and if you want it to look nice you can buy the 4x4 front valance that had the holes for the tow hooks from either Fordparts.com or Fordpartsgiant.com (probably cheaper).

baldyman
11-06-2013, 09:54 PM
the very bottom of my valence is cracked anyhow so i'll probably just remove it/cut it back and make a space for the tow hooks. i just have to find some hooks and hardware now. i'll let you know how it turns out.

its supposed to be a bad winter this year and my buddy has a ram and a lowered civic. so i'll be getting some tow straps too to pull him out ;)

RhinoZ24
11-06-2013, 10:36 PM
the very bottom of my valence is cracked anyhow so i'll probably just remove it/cut it back and make a space for the tow hooks. i just have to find some hooks and hardware now. i'll let you know how it turns out.

its supposed to be a bad winter this year and my buddy has a ram and a lowered civic. so i'll be getting some tow straps too to pull him out ;)

Lmao, make sure you get pictures when you do that haha. And yeah keep us posted.

baldyman
11-07-2013, 08:48 AM
haha i wouldnt miss an opportunity like that :P

RhinoZ24
11-07-2013, 06:32 PM
haha i wouldnt miss an opportunity like that :P

Good man lol.