PDA

View Full Version : Can this work? 460 ecu swap and 24 # injectors

5.0Flareside
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Ok guys.. I've been thinking.. I still wanna stay speed density.. And a mustang a9l is hard to get for a decent price.. Had one coming for free but find out its burnt up..

So though was I need more fuel than 19# injectors anyways, and wanna stay speed density.. 24# injectors came on 460's.. Now would it be too much? Or because I'm still low on vacuum (about 13", factory is around 20") would I still be having some issue at idle..

That's not my main issue.. I want it to have plenty of fuel...

What y'all think?

Smokin' Tires with my 5.0 on Tapatalk

Jersey_Joe
09-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Vacuum low? Leaks? Chris. Why can't u just increase the size of your injectors and dial it in on a programmer/Dyno? Bump up your fuel rails too. Or. Just throw a 460 in. Just sayin. I'm sure ur good with that one lol. I ran 40 lbs injectors in my old motor and never had a prob. And to b honest I never calibrated them to where they should have been and I never had a prob. Now? I had to calibrate everything lol. Hope I sorda answered your question

5.0Flareside
09-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Vacuum low? Leaks? Chris. Why can't u just increase the size of your injectors and dial it in on a programmer/Dyno? Bump up your fuel rails too. Or. Just throw a 460 in. Just sayin. I'm sure ur good with that one lol. I ran 40 lbs injectors in my old motor and never had a prob. And to b honest I never calibrated them to where they should have been and I never had a prob. Now? I had to calibrate everything lol. Hope I sorda answered your question

No no vacuum leaks, just low cause the cam design and head setup.

Man I wish it was that easy on a OBD-I speed density truck..

Virtually nobody tunes them unless ya go buy aftermarket tuner like mega squirt or like that and those are minimum 500 bucks, then gotta buy the chip to put in the ecu when ya right the tune,. Then buy binary editor so you can write multiple tunes on same chip as you get it more dialed in..

^^ Nah I'm good..

Smokin' Tires with my 5.0 on Tapatalk