PDA

View Full Version : 4 or 6 inch lift

Reed M.
09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
My truck is a 2006, super crew f150. Is it worth getting a 4 inch lift or should I go for a 6 inch lift? (I'm going to get the lift from Rough Country) I want to use 35s as my tires but I'm not sure if they will fit under a 4 inch lift.

Does having a six inch lift make it drive different than a 4 inch? Post pictures if you have a 4 or 6 inch lift please.

dcj1
09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
What year model truck do u have? My dad has a 2012 f250 that is leveled out in the front and rear and he had no problem putting 37 inch trail grapplers on and just stock u can get 35s on any f250. Surprisingly, my dad didn't even have to trim the fender wells if that tells u anything. Ford has generally been pretty good in recent years in being able to accommodate larger aftermarket tires as opposed to their competitors such as gm. I've seen numerous f150s that are just leveled out 2 and a half inches with 35s with minimal tire rubbing so u should be fine with just a 4 inch lift. I recently just purchased a 2013 5.0 crew cab and I've been looking at just leveling with 35s and the leveling kits online show that u can put on 35s with ease. I hope this helps and if u look it'll tell u online what the maximum tire size u can do with whatever lift u choose.