PDA

View Full Version : Modding the truck...sort of

Big Slick
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
So I am going to do a couple of mods to my truck and am wondering what I should do first.

I want to herculine my truck bed and I want to put in a 39" Access truck LED bed light. I am wondering if I should do one before the other? Part of me is thinking do the lights first and the liner. The reason I am leaning towards this route is because I don't think ill be able to stick the lights to the textures surface of the liner. Plus I figured I could bondo over the wiring and then coat it with the liner. Really not sure what mod to do first? Any suggestions?

Jersey_Joe
08-30-2013, 10:21 AM
So I am going to do a couple of mods to my truck and am wondering what I should do first.

I want to herculine my truck bed and I want to put in a 39" Access truck LED bed light. I am wondering if I should do one before the other? Part of me is thinking do the lights first and the liner. The reason I am leaning towards this route is because I don't think ill be able to stick the lights to the textures surface of the liner. Plus I figured I could bondo over the wiring and then coat it with the liner. Really not sure what mod to do first? Any suggestions?

I would get it professionally sprayed bro. Ryno liner. , line X.... Herculiner do sent really hold up to good. It will chip alot. AND your truck is brand new. B worth to spend the 500 to get it done right ya know. Ya get what ya pay for

Big Slick
08-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah I hear ya but I have also read that the success lies in the prep work. Many reviews I have read say that they spent hours prepping the bed and that's the trick to getting no chips. Plus if it does chip I'm not going to be overly worried about. I have a cover on it already so its not like the elements will be able to beat on it. Plus I'd rather use the extra cash for parts.

Jersey_Joe
08-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Well there u go. Lol. It takes about 2 maybe 3 hrs to prep and about an hr to put on. Not that hard. But good luck man. Take some pics and post em up

RhinoZ24
08-31-2013, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't put the liner on the wires and such though. If you get a short or having a faulty wire, you're gunna have a hell of a time fixing that lol. But yeah, I'd put the light in first and then cover it in tape or something and then put the bed liner on.