PDA

View Full Version : COPs bolts?

ddweldon87
08-28-2013, 05:52 AM
I was wondering if there is anyway to replace the little threaded inserts for the coils? A few of mine just spin..

Jersey_Joe
08-28-2013, 07:11 AM
No. U have to buy a new coil. Or u could try to rethread them but b careful. Do go to far or you go through your intake. And that my friend u don't wanna do. There 35$.

ddweldon87
08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
I bought all new coils, just the little brass inserts or whatever they screw into spin on the intake..that's what I'm suppose to rethread?

Jersey_Joe
08-28-2013, 01:58 PM
I bought all new coils, just the little brass inserts or whatever they screw into spin on the intake..that's what I'm suppose to rethread?

They don't seat into the intake? I do know the prob your having. I've had it. I changed the coil and didn't have a prob after. I think I may have tightened it down to much Is that what may have happened to yours? They won't pop off I that what your worries about. They should b fine. But I do know they don't sell the brass inserts lol. Been there.

lee reece
08-28-2013, 05:23 PM
You can try to pull them out if there spinning and reset them with an epoxy. This will stop the spinning. After doing this you should have a good idea about tightening them? Just snug!!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App