PDA

View Full Version : F150 linkage misalignment

f1501994
08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
So somebody valet parked my truck yesterday, and today my brother noticed that it said 2 when it was really in park. Then you can go to the right and change gears but it won't go through anything left of 2 if you keep going right, it'll just go right and then disappear after neutral. Is there any way to fix this? I don't wanna pay to get it fixed.

Jersey_Joe
08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
So somebody valet parked my truck yesterday, and today my brother noticed that it said 2 when it was really in park. Then you can go to the right and change gears but it won't go through anything left of 2 if you keep going right, it'll just go right and then disappear after neutral. Is there any way to fix this? I don't wanna pay to get it fixed.

I'd go back to the valet and have word with somebody asap. That's fer dam sure

Raptor05121
08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Can you prove they broke it? In the end, its not worth it. The cable is simple and cheap to replace

f1501994
08-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd go back to the valet and have word with somebody asap. That's fer dam sure
It said they aren't liable on the ticket.

Can you prove they broke it? In the end, its not worth it. The cable is simple and cheap to replace
I just included that it was valet parked so nobody asked me what I did to it. What cable fixes it? And it still changes gears by the way, it just says the wrong gear.

lee reece
08-25-2013, 10:01 PM
It said they aren't liable on the ticket.

I just included that it was valet parked so nobody asked me what I did to it. What cable fixes it? And it still changes gears by the way, it just says the wrong gear.

The cable is small ! It hooks the the shifter arm and connects to needle in the dash! This is how the needle moves into diff positions!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App