PDA

View Full Version : Programers

4x4lariatendicott
08-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey guys I have a 5.4 3v and I was wondering is it a good ideal to put a chip in these motors I have a bulky dog gt 3.0 tuner and wanna put it in just no to familiar with these motors thanks

Raptor05121
08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
what the hell is a bulky dog 3.0? a programmer is nice to get if you have an automatic transmission, it adjusts the shift points. power, eh. maybe 10rwhp at the most. The big change is shift points

RhinoZ24
08-14-2013, 09:10 PM
what the hell is a bulky dog 3.0? a programmer is nice to get if you have an automatic transmission, it adjusts the shift points. power, eh. maybe 10rwhp at the most. The big change is shift points

I think he meant bully dog lol. But yes a programmer would be a great idea to install since you already have it.

Jersey_Joe
08-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Yup I'm gonna go with bully dog

----------

Lol

4x4lariatendicott
08-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Yeah that's what I meant was bully dog just a typo I was just asking I've had the programmer on another truck just didn't know how it was with these motors

Jersey_Joe
08-15-2013, 01:45 AM
The 5.4 was Fords bread and butter gas motor for quite along time. It's kinda hard to hurt em. But I will be honest with ya homes. I deal with alot of hp in my vehicles. And many friends. IMO I'm not a big fan of bully dog for gas motors. And I'll tell u why. On 4 different tuners from bully dog we tried to adjust shift points and adjust tire sizes. And on 4 diff programmers it changed them back to stock once the other three locked the computer and started a whole other load of probs. I've found from reading online that bully is great for the coal burners but fer gas jobs. Edge superchips and sct r your best bet for gas. And ford for that matter. I'm not sayin. Get rid of it. I'm just sayin make sure your updates r in place and take extra care on how u make your shift points.

----------

Also. Keep a close eye on your temperature too. I've seen it fluctuate and cause a thermostat problem. Educate yourself on it. Google is your friend lol.

----------

Just so u have a better understanding on how to use it.

4x4lariatendicott
08-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks bud I didn't know that about them on YouTube I've been seeing a lot about this sct chip what's that about and where can I look at getting one

RhinoZ24
08-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks bud I didn't know that about them on YouTube I've been seeing a lot about this sct chip what's that about and where can I look at getting one

Autoanything.com, it'll give you all the options for programmers/tuners for your truck with plenty of info on them. Plus the best prices.

masonic
08-15-2013, 11:04 PM
What's anyone's opinion on putting an Edge programmer on an EB? I have heard the truck records any changes and even if I set everything back to stock if they can prove the problem came from a programmer then Boom, no more warranty. #1 I don't want to mess with lifetime warranty. And #2 is it even worth it on my truck?

RhinoZ24
08-16-2013, 12:58 AM
What's anyone's opinion on putting an Edge programmer on an EB? I have heard the truck records any changes and even if I set everything back to stock if they can prove the problem came from a programmer then Boom, no more warranty. #1 I don't want to mess with lifetime warranty. And #2 is it even worth it on my truck?

For a twin turbocharged truck...yes it is definitely worth it lol. And how'd you get a lifetime warranty? Anyways, I know for my Edge Evolution, as long as you ran their programs and didn't create custom ones, they cover any problems that the programmer causes your truck for one year. Unfortunately, however, you live in Canada, because in the U.S., there's a law or some other legal document in place that protects your warranty from being voided from adding aftermarket stuff like a programmer.

masonic
08-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Bumper to bumper is 5 years, engine is 7, powertrain is lifetime, tires are lifetime.

I really want to try a programmer out, I just don't know what I could potentially wreck that I void warranty.

joshpickworth
08-16-2013, 07:18 AM
I thought engine was power train, mines covered in my extended power train

RhinoZ24
08-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Bumper to bumper is 5 years, engine is 7, powertrain is lifetime, tires are lifetime.

I really want to try a programmer out, I just don't know what I could potentially wreck that I void warranty.

Apparently in Canada you get much better warranties because the ones here are like 3 years or 60,000 miles.

masonic
08-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I thought engine was power train, mines covered in my extended power train

Yeah you're right. I thought it was the engine back that's lifetime, but I'm wrong, engine is lifetime too.

joshpickworth
08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Any internal lubricated component if I understood right