PDA

View Full Version : Forced air induction kit for 08' 4.6 v8

UPSHIFT zero
08-03-2013, 01:32 AM
I was at the local hangout place where people street race drink and show off there, my truck caught a lot of attention because mine was the only one not fit for mudding, my friend took me for a ride in his older 5.4 and I notice a significant difference in torque in his, well my question is will a AIS be a good choice, in not wanting to race or anything, I just want to put so more umph in my truck

Performance Mods: cherry bomb glass pack

RhinoZ24
08-03-2013, 01:50 AM
You don't need forced induction if you're not after speed. Get rid of the glass pack cause you're losing torque with it. Get a programmer/tune for some extra ponies and torque. Plus a performance exhaust, I recommend Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or Borla. And maybe a CAI. Plus some electric fans, eliminates the drag of the belt driven stock one to free up some power and save gas as well.

UPSHIFT zero
08-03-2013, 03:02 AM
You don't need forced induction if you're not after speed. Get rid of the glass pack cause you're losing torque with it. Get a programmer/tune for some extra ponies and torque. Plus a performance exhaust, I recommend Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or Borla. An maybe a CAI. Plus some electric fans, eliminates the drag of the belt driven stock one to free up some power and save gas as well.

Cold air intake?

masonic
08-03-2013, 08:27 AM
For me the cold air was key, it looks great and makes my truck sound badass. My truck has twin turbos but I think the cold air still picks it up a bit.

RhinoZ24
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Cold air intake?

Yes

UPSHIFT zero
08-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Yes

Oh ok thank you, that's what I really meant was a cold air intake

RhinoZ24
08-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Oh ok thank you, that's what I really meant was a cold air intake

Well it's not going to give you a lot of extra HP, but if you do that along with the program/tune and exhaust you'll notice the difference.

UPSHIFT zero
08-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Well it's not going to give you a lot of extra HP, but if you do that along with the program/tune and exhaust you'll notice the difference.

I think I'll keep my muffler, but the program/tune and a CAI ill defiantly try, maybe later ill buy a exhaust

5.0Flareside
08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Woo your gonna gain a whole 10 Hp!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Jersey_Joe
08-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Now now Chris. Lol. Not everybody yanks em and rebuilds em like we do. 10 hp is 10 hp. It's not rippin the scale but helps fer sure

I don't get excited unless it over a 100 either lol

5.0Flareside
08-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Psh I'd just save my money...

lee reece
08-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Some of us learn from experience tho you no!!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

UPSHIFT zero
08-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Is there any other way to gain tourqe and HP, with out stripping the engine

----------

I'm 17 and this is my first truck

----------

Also could I still get that grumble and diesel sound from a different exhuast set up, while still gaining HP and torque

RhinoZ24
08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Flowmaster if you want it loud, it'll definitely increase the flow and give you minor HP gains. Gas will never sound like a diesel though lol. Other than that, regearing, a programmer/tune, an intake or just the Gott's mod (also minor gains), and some electric fans. Unless you want to lay down a couple grand and supercharge it for massive gains, that's about it.

5.0Flareside
08-08-2013, 09:28 AM
BOOST.. Modulars love boost..

Jersey_Joe
08-08-2013, 10:21 AM
BOOST.. Modulars love boost..

^^^^^^second!!

----------

Hahaha

5.0Flareside
08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
They love it cause the huge ports and short runners and staying NA you don't make a ton low end because the ports are so big.. That's why forced induction is so good on these engines they fill up the ports and use full capacity of heads and that's when ya make tons of horsepower