PDA

View Full Version : Air intake and tuner

briannn
07-31-2013, 05:47 PM
I got a 2010 STX f150 with the 4.6 2V 4x2

I want a air intake preferably a k&n and a tuner that will increase my gas mileage any suggestions but for A reasonable price?

RhinoZ24
07-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Edge has some good products for programmers. Check out Autoanything.com, you can put in your truck to guarantee fit and it'll show you all the options available so you can get what you want for the price you want. Great customer service and plenty of user reviews to give you some feedback. Plus free shipping within the U.S., no sales tax except in CA and there's usually a sale for 15% off for new customers.

----------

I got a 2010 STX f150 with the 4.6 2V 4x2

I want a air intake preferably a k&n and a tuner that will increase my gas mileage any suggestions but for A reasonable price?

Btw, do you drive more city or highway miles?

masonic
07-31-2013, 11:28 PM
My buddy bought the Edge evolution programmer for about $400. It definitely works and makes a noticeable difference is all I can really say. It works best with premium though.

briannn
08-01-2013, 04:54 AM
City because of my job now. But I was looking to maybe get 18 mpg without spending too much. I need a air intake that actually fits my truck and that tuner can hopefully help me out. Also I want a touch screen deck maybe a pioneer or Sony that can connect to my iPhone 5 Nav and blue tooth don't really matter just something that I can enjoy would be nice but I'm in no rush.

RhinoZ24
08-01-2013, 08:04 AM
City because of my job now. But I was looking to maybe get 18 mpg without spending too much. I need a air intake that actually fits my truck and that tuner can hopefully help me out. Also I want a touch screen deck maybe a pioneer or Sony that can connect to my iPhone 5 Nav and blue tooth don't really matter just something that I can enjoy would be nice but I'm in no rush.

If you drive more city don't get a K&N intake. They all have open air boxes which means at red lights your going to be sucking in hot engine air, killing performance and MPG's. Look at Volant, they have enclosed air boxes and some pretty good filters with their CAI kits. Also on Autoanything.com

Raptor05121
08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Note for OP- In a truck with 350hp+, an intake and programmer are probably going to give you 15rwhp at the most- something you won't notice. You'll be lucky to get a gain anywhere near 0.5mpg. They make the truck more fun to drive with the different shift points but don't spend $500+ thinking you are going to save money.

briannn
08-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Ah. I drive like a grandpa and I couldn't care less how fast my truck goes as long as it can do 75-80 mph