PDA

View Full Version : Truck stalling

Nicu7
10-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I just got a f150 v8 1991. It's definitely a project truck. It's got some blow by but runs fine. I drove it 140 miles home it ran fine. The other day I drove it around 6miles and it died at a stop light, but fired right up. I drove another 200ft and it died at the next light. Took a few turns of the key to start. I drove a few miles back home and it died again on the way. It always fired back up. When I got home I let it idle in the driveway for around 20 minutes and it ran fine? No dash lights came on. Any ideas? I changed the oil after wards and flushed the radiator. Could it be a vaccum leak? Heard that was common with these. Thanks, Jeremy.

Jersey_Joe
10-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Could b vacume yes. Put some fuel injector cleaner in it and check ur plugs. But sounds like a vacuum leak

5.0Flareside
03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak.. I have this issue once in a while with my truck

but its not a leak its cause the MUCH bigger than stock cam and heads producing lower vacuum..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford Power

lee reece
03-10-2013, 09:46 AM
You said a project so has it been sitting for a while ? I would change the fuel filter and check plugs and dist. cap,rotor! Also if you suspect vaccum leak and can't find it check vaccum booster for the breaks!! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App