PDA

View Full Version : Ford 150 exoboost

drybread
10-24-2012, 07:53 PM
I had my truck for month and noticed a few chip in the front and little pitting to on bumper . And suggestions how to protect the paint job

RhinoZ24
10-24-2012, 09:13 PM
If it's the truck in your picture, then you shouldn't have pitting problems with the bumper since it's not the chrome one, because for mine all I have to do is use some chrome polish and it cleans it up like new. For the painted bumper, cleaner wax would work for pitting. The chips come with driving, all paint gets chipped no matter how much you try to protect it, and scratches occur (thanks to other people... >:( ). You can get the hood protector if it's your hood, but if it's your bumper, not much can be done. The road will just beat it up. To protect your paint, wash your truck regularly, using soap that won't harm your wax, and wax it a couple a times per year.

Raptor05121
10-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Ford really has thinned out the paint layer. My 98 still shines like a penny and not a single chip in it.

I would honestly look into some custom-cut 3M clear vinyl coverings for the front end. Especially the headlights. In ~5 years they will start the oxidize and haze

drybread
10-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Looked at 3m for the front. 3m the entire front, bumper too , 18" of cover on hood and side mirrors.$600 was quote which is not to bad .
Just can't suck the hit right now .
Do they make truck bras ?

DaddyT
10-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey totally understand not wanting to she'll out that kinda dough for the 3m but I had it done to my platinum and it's worth every penny! A Bra is such a pain in the ass and could wreck your paint, noticed a huge difference in paint color from the bra I had on my 94 ranger.