PDA

View Full Version : Interior trailer lights only work when truck is running. Need help!

marcz62
10-21-2012, 11:09 PM
I have looked at a lot of posts and i don't think I have seen one about this. i know i can't be the only person that wants to use the interior lights of the trailer when the truck isnt running. I'm sure some of you have run into this also. So I would like to know if anyone has come up with a work around other than a flashlight or lantern. I have a pace 5x12 enclosed utility trailer with brakes and back up battery. My truck is a 2010 lariat screw w/ 5.4 and trailer package with an aftermarket trailer brake, not the integrated one. Everything works correctly, and it was the same way with my previous vehicle. I was thinking of rewiring the lights into the backup battery but i would like to make sure that there might be an easier way first. If you guys have any ideas I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Raptor05121
10-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I'c hook up to another truck first to identify the source of the problem. Has it always done this or just recently started? It sounds like a protection circuit designed so it doesnt kill the backup battery.