PDA

View Full Version : Bakflip tonneu covers

Holyliftin
10-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Anybody have anything good or bad to say about the Bakflip G2 tonneau? i've been looking and they seem to have the most to offer. Is it secure? Are they as waterproof as they claim? Any info would be appreciated.:cool:

DaddyT
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Anybody have anything good or bad to say about the Bakflip G2 tonneau? i've been looking and they seem to have the most to offer. Is it secure? Are they as waterproof as they claim? Any info would be appreciated.:cool:

I have one on my short box and it's wicked. Not water tight but hardly any thing gets in there. Wanted to get a roll top but got talked out of it by a buddy who had nothing but problems with his. No complaints so far. We both deal with ****ty winters as I'm in Alberta and it seems like the way to go. They lock using your tailgate lock so pretty secure. But if someone wants in there gonna find a way no matter what you have.worth the money.

Holyliftin
10-31-2012, 06:12 PM
I have one on my short box and it's wicked. Not water tight but hardly any thing gets in there. Wanted to get a roll top but got talked out of it by a buddy who had nothing but problems with his. No complaints so far. We both deal with ****ty winters as I'm in Alberta and it seems like the way to go. They lock using your tailgate lock so pretty secure. But if someone wants in there gonna find a way no matter what you have.worth the money.

Thanks for the info. I've talked with a few guys at work and they say the same thing. Always helps to get a few opinions when you are going to put out that much $$$.