PDA

View Full Version : front end

Dave
10-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Just wanted some info i have a 2001 f150 supercrew and the front end is making a bad squeaky sound when i turn the wheel and also when im driving hitting bumps on the road any ideas on what it could

DDARBY
10-13-2012, 07:05 PM
More than likely its going to be the ball joints.

Bothe
10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah I would say Ball Joints as well. My 98 did the same thing and stopped as soon as I changed them. These trucks dont come stock with a grease point on the ball joint so they wear out quick, but make sure if you get new ones that they have a grease point that way they will last longer

Dave
10-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys for the info but ive replaced all front end parts about a year ago and has grease thats why im confused do u think it could be shocks

DDARBY
10-14-2012, 08:31 AM
When the truck is off push down on the front bumper to make the truck bounce a little. If it squeaks then it might be the shocks.

2002 Supercrew Lariat... Straight axle conversion with 22" of lift in progress!!!

Bothe
10-14-2012, 12:55 PM
The shocks are always a possibility or something you replaced could have been a dud and gone out. Not saying it is the ball joints(just using an example), but I replaced all 4 of mine at the same time, and a few months later one of my lowers started squeaking again. I took it in to see what it was cause I wouldnt have expected that to go out so quick, but thats what it was. They said I just got a dud and suggested replacing it again so I did and it stopped. Yours could be lots of different things though, I'm just letting you know that it could always be a possibility that something went bad. Do you take your truck off-roading at all? There could be some dirt crammed in between a bushing.

fearon
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I'd say it's dirt. Wash everything real well

Dave
10-15-2012, 04:34 AM
No i dont take it off road and the only thing that wasn't changed were the shocks so i figured it was a possibility but thanks for all your advice and i guess im just going to change the ball joints

Bothe
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I would take it in to have them checked before you do it. Its a pricey thing to change so it would suck to change them and turns out that wasnt it.